Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ePals

I need a lot of time to be able to explore the ePals program. I can not believe all the helpful information and potential this website has to help us teachers to connect our students with other students around the world. One thing I like the most about ePals is that teachers can monitor students e-mail and blogs from both ends. It is important that we teachers create a safe and positive learning environment for all our students.

ePals is a website geared a lot for language learning programs. This website allows teacher to collaborate with other classrooms around the globe, to share projects, to connect with one another and to work toward a common goal. For example, I would use ePals to have my students partner up with another student in Mexico or any other Spanish speaking country, so that they can help each other with their second language. My students will help them with their English and they will help my students with the Spanish language. This infact is a good way to keep my students practicing Spanish outside of the classroom.

ePals is a great program that have a lot of potential in helping teachers to connect their students with other students from around the world. I would like to take more time exploring ePals so that I get more familiarized with all the collabaration they offer.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will take the time and find some parts of ePals or a similar global collaboration program to motivate your students to use the L2 they are learning for real communication.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete